Pages

Friday, February 19, 2016

Some Sad News (with a Silver Lining)

For a while now I've been talking about how excited I am to reveal my secret crochet projects to you. There are two of them, one large and one small, that I worked on last year. Unfortunately, it seems the smaller project has been killed by the publishing company.

Let me explain. Sometimes publishing companies request that designers send them ideas for patterns that they can use in books, on websites, and more. In this case the submission call was for a compilation of hat patterns. Last January, the publishing company selected three of my designs for inclusion in the book and paid me for them. I was very excited and supplied them with samples and instructions. Here's the sad part... Yesterday, I received an email from the publisher saying that the project has been "killed". This means that they have decided that publishing the hat book is no longer a smart business decision for them. I will be getting my samples back, as well as the rights to my patterns. I get to keep the design fees that have been paid to me.

Obviously I'm pretty disappointed. This would have been the first book to include my designs. However, I am still very much looking forward to revealing the larger of my two secret projects, hopefully soon.

Where's the silver lining? Well, since I am getting the rights to the patterns back, I will be releasing them soon as individual patterns on Ravelry and Craftsy. I'm going to send them through a round of testing and add some photo tutorials, but as soon as those steps are complete the patterns will be up for sale. In the meantime, here is a sneak peek.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share! Note that due to spam moderation there is a delay in comment posting.