Pages

Monday, May 27, 2013

Northwest Folklife Festival

This weekend I visited the Northwest Folklife Festival, a free event that takes place every year here in Seattle. While there I enjoyed delightfully greasy festival food, interesting booths selling a variety of goods, and free music of all sorts. I barely scratched the surface of what was available, to be honest. It is still going on today if you are in the area and have yet to check it out!

While I was there I also spotted some cool crochet that I want to share with you. Thanks to those kind folks for letting me take their picture!







Awesome! Crochet has been really popular this year in the fashion world. It's nice to see it finally getting the recognition it deserves! Although knit fabrics are undoubtedly versatile and popular, I sometimes get irritated when society at large assumes that everything made of yarn is 'knit' and refers to it as such. Crochet is beautiful and an art in its own right, so get out there with me and practice/wear your crochet proudly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share! Note that due to spam moderation there is a delay in comment posting.