Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

Tiny Furry Friend

I love mice. Some folks shy away from them because they find them dirty or frightening. My friend Katie is disgusted by their tails. I understand that they do have the potential to spread disease or damage property, but I just can't help loving the sweet little things! Their soft little ears and other cute features melt my heart.

I recently hooked up a mouse who can surely be of no trouble to anyone. This furry friend won't be scaring anyone or spreading disease anytime soon.


The pattern was easy to follow and quick to work up. I found it interesting that the mouse is constructed from back to front rather than from front to back like most amigurumi. I used a 6mm yarn instead of the yarn the pattern calls for, so I also made the tail, feet, and ears a bit bigger. If you've never tried making amigurumi before you might consider starting with this short and simple pattern. It's free, so you've got nothing to lose! Gotta love those free patterns.

1 comment:

Please share! Note that due to spam moderation there is a delay in comment posting.