Pages

Friday, March 13, 2015

Indie Dye Friday: Dye-It-Yourself


The second Friday of every month is Indie-Dye Friday! Feast your eyes on lovely yarn in gorgeous colorways developed by talented independent yarn dyers.

Today's featured dyer is... you! Hey now, I can see that quizzical look on your brow. You may be thinking, "how can I possibly be an indie dyer?" Well, these days dyeing yarn is a lot more accessible than you might think. Knit Picks has a whole line of bare fibers for you to experiment with, and you can often find bare yarns in your local yarn store as well.

You also have several options when it comes to dyes. There are all kinds of kits and books out there to help you dye your own yarn. There are also yarn dyeing tutorials made available online.

So, full disclosure, I've never dyed my own yarn. It's true! I'm hoping that this post will inspire not only you folks but me as well. Let's all get out there and dye our very own hank of yarn. Think of how unique our projects will be! Have you ever dyed your own yarn? Tell us all about it in the comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share! Note that due to spam moderation there is a delay in comment posting.