Pages

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Learning the Acrobatic Stitch

I am currently in the process of stash busting. There is a lot of anonymous yarn hanging out in my bin that I would like to work through before I go wild selecting new yarns. Among the fray was a skein of lavender yarn of unknown material with a neon green 99¢ price tag on it. It seems like it was probably a gift that was purchased at a thrift store, and it was pleading with me to finally use it. I answered its call!

I have found that the best way to learn new stitches is to practice them repetitively...and what is more repetitive than a scarf?! Thus my acrobatic stitch scarf was born.

 

The piece turned out nice and airy, a perfect early spring sort of scarf. The stitch itself wasn't too difficult to do. It has a delicate look to it, so I wouldn't recommend using a hook size over 5mm if you want your item to be lacy.


 I followed this stitch using a stitch dictionary, but if you do a Google search there are several free examples and tutorials that come up right away. My scarf required some light blocking. I highly recommend this stitch if you want a fast project because it grows quickly. If you can chain, double crochet, and triple crochet, you can do this stitch. Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share! Note that due to spam moderation there is a delay in comment posting.