Pages

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Perfect Purse

Happy Holidays, everyone! I hope you are all enjoying yourselves, no matter what you do or don't believe or celebrate!


If you've got some holiday parties lined up and still need a purse to go with your outfit, I've got a great free pattern for you. The Perfect Purse by Lion Brand is a really versatile pattern. It's quite simple to make it bigger or smaller to suit your tastes and you can make it with almost any yarn you have available. I made it with some leftover Simply Soft. Is it sacrilegious to work up a Lion Brand pattern with a Caron yarn?


The original pattern suggests attaching a button in the middle of the top flap, but I decided to attach magnetic snaps to either side. I then covered the raw outsides of the snaps with small double crochet circles.



Check out the linked project pages on Ravelry for tons of creative slants on this pattern. Perhaps it's just what you need to spice up your outfit. It only took me about 2 hours in total, so it's possible to work it up in one sitting if necessary.

Before I go, can I just say how excited I am that folks are opening my crocheted gifts this morning? Be on the lookout for some long awaited FO posts in the coming days.

Happy Chrisma-hannu-kwanza-solstice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share! Note that due to spam moderation there is a delay in comment posting.