Pages

Monday, January 5, 2015

Start the New Year Right with these Crochet Resolutions

Happy New Year and a big hello to 2015! This is totally gonna be my year. I can just feel it :) Are you excited for the coming year? Have you made any New Year's Resolutions? One of my resolutions is to learn to knit. *Gasp* Yes, I know, it's shocking...

If you're looking for a little inspiration when it comes to crochet in 2015, why not commit yourself to one or more of these Crochet New Year's Resolutions?


  • I will use up x-amount (50%, ten skeins, etc) of my yarn stash before I buy new yarn.
  • I will make three things to keep for myself.
  • I will make my first x (blanket, doily, amigurumi, etc)
  • I will try a new brand of hook.
  • I will try a new brand of yarn.
  • I will make x-number (3, 5, 13, etc) of projects from my Ravelry queue/Pinterest boards.
  • I will learn a new skill (cables, Tunisian, etc). 
  • I will finish a project before I start another.
  • I will remember to take pictures of my finished projects. 
  • I will join an online crochet community.
  • I will join a crochet and knit group in real life. 
  • I will spend x-amount of time (20 minutes, 1 hour, etc) crocheting every day.
  • I will seek out sustainable and fair trade yarns when possible.
  • I will try new types of fiber (alpaca, hemp, etc) that I haven't worked with before.
  • I will use yarn weights and styles that challenge me (thread, mohair, etc).
  • I will commit to excellent finishing (end weaving, blocking, etc) on every project.
  • I will invent my own crochet design.
  • I will dye my own yarn skein.
  • I will visit a yarn store I have never been to before. 
  • I will crochet during my commute/while watching TV/while waiting in line.
  • I will teach someone to crochet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share! Note that due to spam moderation there is a delay in comment posting.