Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

How to Fasten Off Your Crochet

The scenario: You've finished crocheting the most awesome scarf ever for your bestie. She's going to love it! However, you have one problem... How do you detach the end of your working yarn from your scarf without the scarf unraveling? By fastening off, that's how! Here's how to fasten off at the end of a crochet piece.

Here I am at the end of my final row and ready to fasten off. 

I cut the yarn, separating the leftover yarn from my work, making sure to leave a six to eight inch tail.

I make a chain stitch, just as if I were starting a new row.

However, instead of turning and crocheting I remove the hook and continue to pull up on the yarn loop created by the chain stitch. I pull until the tail comes all of the way through.

Finally, I pull tightly on the tail to create a tight nub. Now I'm ready to weave in my end.

That's all there is to it! Now that you know how to fasten off you can rest easy and trust that your crochet will not unravel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share! Note that due to spam moderation there is a delay in comment posting.