Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Back from Hell

It's going to be a simple blog post today, with regular programming back this coming Friday. Sorry that I missed last Friday's post. Having recently arrived home from a family emergency in my home town of Boise, Idaho... I am very exhausted. My younger brother, a kindhearted, relaxed, and bright guy, was recently the victim of a violent crime that put him in the ICU. He was fighting for his life. I spent the past week at his side doing whatever I could to help him recover. In the ICU, that often meant sitting quietly in the corner chair with my crochet and knitting. Because of his amazing perseverance and fighting spirit, my brother is still with us today and out of the ICU. I am so beyond thankful that he is going to make a full recovery, gnarly scars aside. I am also thankful to the surgeons who saved his life, thankful to the healthcare professionals who took care of him, thankful to my best friends who sheltered me and gave me strength through offering listening ears, thankful to those who are showering my brother with their love, and thankful to fiber arts for keeping me as calm as possible in a very scary and emotional time.


4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry that your brother and all of you are suffering as victims of crime. It is truly horrific. Wishing your brother well for a full recovery. He is lucky to have that prognosis. Today there was a funeral for a young man who was minding his own business last week, waiting for a taxi when someone punched him from behind. One punch was all it took. The perpetrators of these crimes seem oblivious to the consequences of their actions and the heartbreak it causes. I hope you and your family have all the love and support you need to overcome this setback. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. peace and steady improvement to your year, to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Please share! Note that due to spam moderation there is a delay in comment posting.