Pages

Monday, November 3, 2014

Mermaid Cowl

Autumn is a magical time. I may be biased (my birthday is in autumn), but I can't help but think that the chill in the air comes with a special spark of excitement, color, and wonder. Because of this it's the perfect season for unveiling my new, magical pattern. Introducing the Mermaid Cowl!






A big thank you to Katie for being my model! Isn't the cowl so fun and whimsical? The stitch pattern was completely invented by me. Although the crocodile stitch and the shell stitch are both excellent, I really wanted my Mermaid Cowl to look a bit more delicate and have a texture that was realistically scale-y. Hence the scale stitch was born! It probably already exists out there somewhere in crochet land, but I haven't seen it.

This pattern is available for sale on both Craftsy and Ravelry. I'd love to know what you think!

6 comments:

  1. Love that stitch pattern. And both the stitch and the cowl are even more beautiful seen in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh that is gorgeous! What a lovely stitch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! The best part is that the stitch is a lot easier than it looks :P

      Delete
  3. That is absolutely amazing stich and cowl. I love the color it really makes the stich pop. Can I ask what yarn send color that is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! The yarn is Whimsical Colors Silky Merino Light in Abyss.

      Delete

Please share! Note that due to spam moderation there is a delay in comment posting.