Pages

Monday, September 29, 2014

Basketweave Cowl

Remember my Basketweave Scarf? Recently I was just itching to work up another project with that stitch. Just my luck, a friend introduced me to Meg White. Meg is a knitter and crocheter who also writes her own patterns. She had come into some free yarn and was sharing with the group I attend on Sundays. How generous! You'll never guess what I scored... more of that awesome Mountain Colors Twizzle yarn in a different color, Big Sky. It was perfect for a basketweave project!




It turned out deliciously squishy if I do say so myself :) I used a 5.5mm hook and not quite one whole skein of the yarn. I still have another one! What shall I make with it?

Did you want to make your own basketweave cowl? Simply follow my basketweave tutorial (linked above) until your cowl is the desired length. Then add a few rows of single crochet with some button holes. Ta da!

2 comments:

  1. This is soooo beautiful! I love your story of your Grandma teaching you how to crochet....!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Although, my grandmother never taught me, as she passed away when I was 6. She only inspired me :)

      Delete

Please share! Note that due to spam moderation there is a delay in comment posting.