Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

A Little Blanket for My Little Kitty

Spending the time to make this blanket was a real gamble. After all, everyone knows that cats rarely use items as intended. Sink? That's a bed. Fruit bowl? That's a bed. Your chest? That's a bed. Basket bought specifically for use as a cat bed? That's a waste of money. She was seriously trying to curl up in her toy box rather than use the nice basket that we got for her, bless her heart. I thought she might give it a second chance if I put something soft inside of it and...it actually worked! Call the media! Our cat actually sleeps in her basket now.


Aww, isn't she cute when she's not trying to steal your earbuds or play with a toy mouse on your bed at 2am? All that aside, I love her so very much. I was so happy that she decided to use the blanket and it melts my heart every time she sleeps in her basket.

The pattern of the blanket is a modified bobble stitch that I came up with. I haven't found it anywhere else, so I will continue to proudly believe that I invented it unless someone tells me differently! If you have an idea for what I should name it I'd love to hear about it.

I am currently working on a baby blanket pattern that will utilize this stitch. Stay tuned if you're interested in trying it out yourself!



The work grows at a decent rate while using this stitch. Because you work bobbles for every row instead of every other like a traditional bobble stitch, the bobble portion of the blanket looks the same on both sides. The piece is quite flexible and moves nicely while still being plush. I have already used this stitch for several items and it will probably be a go-to when I need to make something fluffy.


2 comments:

  1. Do you have a pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No pattern for this exact blanket but my Colors! Baby Set pattern would turn out very similar with no color changes. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/colors-rainbow-baby-blanket-and-hat-set

      Delete

Please share! Note that due to spam moderation there is a delay in comment posting.