Pages

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

A Trip to Bainbridge Island

This past Saturday Alex and I took a lovely daytrip to Bainbridge Island. We both love being on the water, so traveling by ferry was super fun for us!


I love how the city looks from on a boat. It's such a different perspective.


The ferry ride is thirty minutes one way, so it's definitely a big part of the fun when you travel to one of the islands. I had been to Vashon Island before but this was Alex's first time to one of the Washington islands. It was such a beautiful day!


Bainbridge is a very nice island with a beach town atmosphere. There were many other tourists there with us, but not too many. It was easy to get a tasty lunch, visit the shops, and even grab some ice cream.


I spotted some pretty crochet necklaces in one of the shops we visited.


There were several large frogs hanging out around town. They're a fun Bainbridge feature.


My favorite part of the trip aside from the ferry ride was *drumroll* the yarn shop! Churchmouse Yarns and Teas is located on the island.


The shop has a great atmosphere. It's very classy yet also inviting, kind of like Ina Garten's The Barefoot Contessa cooking show. The lighting is excellent and the displays are very nicely arranged.


Most of the samples were knit, which didn't surprise me. I did spot a few crochet items. Here are some granny square pillows hanging out in a cute project corner.


I got a few treasures. I'll be sharing them with you when I complete the projects that they are set aside for. All in all it was a wonderful day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share! Note that due to spam moderation there is a delay in comment posting.