Pages

Friday, June 20, 2014

Remix Friday: Chasing Chevrons Skirts

Hello there friends! It's Friday. That means it's time to celebrate another creative crocheter whose pattern changes made for a unique project. Today's post is short and sweet, just like the skirts made by Brittney Ragon. Her color choices and simple finishing touches turned an already beautiful skirt pattern into something truly delightful. These skirts show how something as simple as an applique combined with color choice can make a project personal and give it a whole new look.

The Crocheter
Favorite Color: Purple (me too, Brittney!)
Favorite Yarns: Bernat Super Saver, Vanna's Choice, Red Heart Super Saver
What Do I Do: I'm a stay at home mom.
Kids: 2 girls aged 4 and 2

The Original Pattern
Chasing Chevrons Skirt by Jennifer Pionk

The Story
I made two skirts, one for my 4 yr old and another for my 2 yr old.

The Remix
I added a cloud applique with a smiley face.





Crochet is... Exciting, Colorful, Fun

So cute! Is it weird that I want to make one for...myself? :p You can find Brittney on Ravelry, Facebook, and Etsy. Thanks for sharing with us today, Brittney!

3 comments:

  1. What a great celebration of a fun crocheter. I love the colorful chevron skirts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them, too! I'm adding it to the mile-long list of projects I simply must make :p

      Delete

Please share! Note that due to spam moderation there is a delay in comment posting.