Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2014

An Early Post: Netflix Crochet Sightings

A post on a Thursday?? Yes, I know it's off-schedule. Thing is, Alex and I are traveling across the country for a wedding this weekend from today to Monday night and I'm not keen on bringing my lovely laptop all over tarnation. So let's just pretend that Friday came early this week! Wouldn't that be nice... I'll be posting on Monday as usual, but at 8 in the evening rather than 8 in the morning :)

Welp, I've been saving up some sightings and it's time to share. It's amazing how many crochet items are shown in popular movies and television shows!

Here's a "dainty crochet doily" that was shown on Adventure Time. 

This baby was nestled into a chunky crochet blanket on Neil deGrasse Tyson's Cosmos.

Julianne Moore carried a crochet tote bag in several scenes of Don Jon.

Here's a granny hexagon blanket I found on Law and Order: SVU.

I spotted this crochet hat while watching The Natural.

 
Orange is the New Black has a million crocheted items and references in it, especially in its new season. There are multiple instances of crochet in every single episode. I recently found this one...

and this one...

and this one...

and this one, a triple whammy with the blanket, pillow, and eyeglass strap! There were a gillion more, but I got sick of pausing the show to take screenies.

Note: All screen captures were taken by me and I would like to reference the Fair Use Act regarding criticism and comment.

2 comments:

  1. Great roundup. I've got a whole post for Orange is the New Black Crochet Season 1 and a second post for Season 2 - so much in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's one of many reasons to love that show!

      Delete

Please share! Note that due to spam moderation there is a delay in comment posting.