Pages

Friday, June 12, 2015

Indie Dye Friday: Hauteknit Yarn


The second Friday of every month is Indie-Dye Friday! Feast your eyes on lovely yarn in gorgeous colorways developed by talented independent yarn dyers. Today we are visited by Mishellee of Hauteknit Yarn. Her colorways are bright, varied, and unique. Let's have a look!

A bit about Mishellee
"I am from Maine but moved to Wilson, NC a year ago to escape the snow. I have an 18 month old daughter, we call her Elle, she LOVES yarn and her hand knit accessories. I couldn't ask for a better husband. He thinks what I do is "cool" and is always willing to help me decide if a colorway needs something or when I need something moved or built. To say I'm a girly girl would probably be an understatement. I love shoes, pretty dresses, pink, purple."

How long have you been dyeing fiber? How did you get started?
"I've been dying for about 3 1/2 years. After working with Madelinetosh and Malabrigo a few times I knew I wanted to dye yarn. I read a few books, blogs, watched some videos, ordered yarn and dyes and jumped in! That is pretty much how I do everything in life.  I figured if nothing else I would end up with a ridiculous stash of yarn."


Where do you get the inspiration for your colorways?
"It can really be from anything. Sometimes it's the colors in the kiddo's outfits, other times it's cars  (my husband is a car guy so there are endless car videos playing in this house). Most of my colorways are completely unplanned and just kind of happen."


What fibers and dyes do you love to work with?
"My favorite fiber to dye is superwash merino. My simple sock base is one of my favorites because it takes dyes great and the end result is really crisp. Another favorite would be a bamboo or silk blend because the sheen is just amazing."






Behind the scenes...



A few colorways... 




Such interesting color combinations! Do you want to see more? Visit Hauteknit Yarn on Etsy, Instagram, and Ravelry. Thanks for joining us today, Mishellee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share! Note that due to spam moderation there is a delay in comment posting.