Pages

Friday, September 11, 2015

My Contribution to Mandalas for Marinke

In another post I talked about Mandalas for Marinke, a collaborative project that is being organize by Kathryn Vercillo. Her goal is to raise awareness about depression and to honor Wink, a crochet designer who recently took her own life.

I decided to use an unlabeled, vibrant, variegated yarn for my contribution in the hopes of inspiring happiness. Though I know all too well that one can't just simply choose to be happy, especially in the grips of depression, surrounding oneself with beauty and light can take the edge off for a while. I started with one of Marinke's patterns and then branched off and did a bit of freehand to finish my mandala.



If you are interested in participating in the project, keep in mind that your mandala needs to be postmarked by October 15th.

6 comments:

  1. I love your contribution, especially the open-ness of your pattern. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I had a lot of fun experimenting.

      Delete
  2. This pattern is beautiful!!! Are you offering it for free or for sale?
    I would love to make something like this to give as a gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first five rounds or so are part of one of Marinke's patterns, and that pattern is linked in the text of the post. The rest I improvised, so there is no pattern.

      Delete

Please share! Note that due to spam moderation there is a delay in comment posting.