Pages

Monday, March 17, 2014

My Local Yarn Store

Living in Seattle I am fortunate enough to have several local yarn stores within a reasonable distance from my house. What's a local yarn store you ask? Well, a local yarn store is a small business that caters to fiber enthusiasts like crocheters and knitters. They often carry mid-range to high-end yarns as well as yarns from local spinners and dyers. In contrast, a "big box" craft store like Joann Fabrics, Craft Warehouse, or Micheal's usually carries craft store brands like Red Heart. Both have their place in the yarn world.

The LYS closest to me is called So Much Yarn. It's located in Pike's Place. I love walking over from our house. I get to gaze at Puget Sound and experience the hustle and bustle of the market. Plus, a warm yarn store is especially inviting when you've been out in the cold! I want to share a few pictures from a recent trip with you.





It's so fun to browse all of the beautiful yarns. They all seem to be begging me to take them home. This is So Much Yarn's new location. Their old location was cozy, but this new, bright studio suits them much better in my opinion. They always have a good supply of Cascade Yarns Cherub Aran on hand, my favorite yarn for baby blankets. I really like Cascade Cherub. In fact, I am currently working on an exciting pattern that calls for Cascade Cherub DK. I can't wait to show you.

Do you have a LYS that you love? Tell us about it in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share! Note that due to spam moderation there is a delay in comment posting.