Pages

Monday, May 19, 2014

Diamond Strike Banded Scarf

I recently acquired Crochet One-Skein Wonders and finally found the time to work up one of the projects. There are many awesome patterns in this well-organized book, so it was rather difficult selecting the right one to start with. I settled on the Diamond Strike Banded Scarf by Kristen Stoltzfus. It was quite a fun pattern to work up. Several months ago I purchased some DK weight yarn from Huckleberry Knits and that's what I used for this project. It took me a few sittings to memorize the repeat but once I did it went by much more quickly than I expected!



A little light steam blocking did wonders for this project. I'm really pleased with the result. What do you think?


2 comments:

  1. Lovely scarf, its sometimes hard to find scarves that use a full skein of something special without being too skinny! Thanks for the tip! Any chance of you reviewing the book,it looks to have some Interesting projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it is sometimes difficult to find patterns like that. That's part of the reason I bought the book! Sure, I'd love to review it for you :) I've been thinking of writing about building a craft library, so I'll roll the review into that post. Great idea!

      Delete

Please share! Note that due to spam moderation there is a delay in comment posting.