Pages

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Schultertuch/Dreieckstuch aka Orchideeflower Shawl

Have you every crocheted with Knitpicks Chroma? They have such lovely colorways! I had been gazing longingly at Wondermint for a long time and finally decided to purchase it for myself. I'm so glad I did -- they are retiring it! What did I make with my precious Wondermint fingering weight yarn? A lovely shawl.




Such pretty colors! The pattern is a really great four row repeat that was very easy to memorize. Here it is on Ravelry. The original pattern is in German so I ended up using the chart. As other Ravelers suggested, I subbed in a ch 7 for the ch 10 loops and it came out very nice. I also added a simple single crochet border at the very end which I think ties everything together. I definitely recommend it as a great pattern for showing off a slow striping yarn. Thanks go out to my lovely husband Alex for helping me take pictures! Also, wow do I need a haircut or what?








I may end up vending at a craft fair this winter, but if I don't this shawl will eventually show up in my Etsy shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share! Note that due to spam moderation there is a delay in comment posting.