Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Nautical Baby Blanket

When I was in college I was in a sorority, Delta Gamma to be specific. Delta Gamma's symbol is the anchor, so many of my sisters got into anchors and other nautically-themed items. One of my lovely testers, Burgundy, asked me for some ideas regarding a nautical blanket pattern. As you can imagine I was totally ready to jump on board (ba dum ch). I present to you the Nautical Baby Blanket, complete with anchor!






I am really proud of this pattern for several reasons. I love the way the color waves and the texture waves interact with each other. I love that the anchor applique is a bit larger than what's currently available and is worked in one piece. Finally, I love the special technique that's used to give the border a corded look.

The Nautical Baby Blanket pattern is available on Ravelry and Craftsy. Work one up for your little sailor!

4 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I wanted to double the size of the blanket. I just want to make sure I have the right math. The blanket in the pattern is ch125 +2 so if I want to double it it will be ch250 +2 to start?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should start with 252. I have answered your question on Ravelry as well. Thanks!

      Delete

Please share! Note that due to spam moderation there is a delay in comment posting.